Trying to install Skype for windows phone, but the link in text message sent by skype fails to install properly.
-Phone: Samsung Focus (SGH-i917)
-Carrier: AT&T Wireless
-Software: Windows Phone 7.5 (zune says 7.10 - 7720)
- From my laptop, i browse to :
- I click the button Get Skype for WIndows Phone
A pop displays "Enter your mobile number and we'll do the magic"
- I enter my ph number and click Get Skype
Now on my phone:
- I receive a text message with the link http://www.skype.com/m
- I click the link and arrive on the page :
Redirect to: http://m.skype.com/mcs/publish/2015/17741)
It asks me "Are you a Verizon customer?"
- I answer "No" (i'm At&t)
I am now redirected to http://m.skype.com/mcs/publish/2015/60405
The page shows:
a) the Skype logo at the top with a green horizontal bar below it;
b) in the middle of the page, there is a blue circle containing a white arrow/link (no text);
c) towards the the bottom of the page, there is a "skype FAQ" arrow/link, and
d) below that a drop down to select the language and the link
"Go to Skype.com Desktop site"
- I click the link in the middle of the page (b) and arrive on
This page is like the one described above but with now arrow/link in the middle of the page (b)
And that's it. Nothing happens and no step to do.
Should I try the "Yes" to the Verizon question?
Thank for any help you can provide.
Solved! Go to Solution.