By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on Nokia Lumia 610

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Routine Adventurer

Amazing how Viber can produce a real quality phone service that on the Lumia 610 works better than the conventional Lumia phone while Skype can produce nothing.   Microsoft has a great opportunity with Lumia, particularly the 610 to penetrate the young market and build on Nokia's success in emerging markets. Without a  Skype offering to either of these key markets, Microsoft's gamble will fail and they will only have themselves to blame.  Skype and MS have a huge opportunity to build a significant market share and with Skype a client base that will stay with them well into the future, regardless of device. By pure arrogance, which is an MS trademark in the PC and Gaming markets as well, MS is again kicking away business.   Bring on Viber!

Message 71 of 81 (1,639 Views)
Routine Adventurer

don't worry, switch to a serius system: Android or iOS. this is the solution for skype-WP comedy

Message 72 of 81 (1,621 Views)
Novel Tourist
Hummm
Message 73 of 81 (1,544 Views)
Novel Adventurer
hi
Message 74 of 81 (1,522 Views)
Novel Adventurer
i want skype for my nokia 610
Message 75 of 81 (1,469 Views)
Novel Tourist
I love my 610, it may be an old outdated piece of junk, but I still like it. Its Skype that's to blame here, this should be a easy to fix problem for there development teams
Message 76 of 81 (955 Views)
Routine Adventurer

You would think that there is a fix, if indeed there is a problem.  There is a lot of doubt on that score as well.   However, it likes like Microsoft at both Nokia and Skype have washed their hands of the Lumia 610 as fewer and fewer apps are available for the 610 and ones that did work a few months ago no longer do.

Message 77 of 81 (951 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Should it be changed then? According to main Skype website: Lumia 610 should perfectly run Skype for Windows Phone =) See image attached:

Message 78 of 81 (936 Views)
Novel Adventurer

[removed for privacy]  HTML

Message 79 of 81 (858 Views)
Tourist
skpe
Message 80 of 81 (815 Views)
Discussion Stats