By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for WP7 supports only speakerphone on HTC HD7?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Skype on my HTC HD7 works only with my speakerphone! Am I the only one with this problem?

Message 1 of 14 (3,465 Views)
13 Replies
Novel Tourist

Same here. Usingh htc mozart.

Message 2 of 14 (3,334 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same here: HD7, firmware 7.10.8107.79. Incredible how little priority has been given to making Skype a 'feature' on WP7. More like an afterthought. GroupMe (also part of the Microsoft family now) works perfectly. Runs in background, toast works, and cross-platform makes it usable. Compared to GroupMe, Skype is completely useless.
Message 3 of 14 (3,314 Views)
Novel Adventurer
If the HD7 dosn't have a fror camera, it cannot Support Video falls.
Message 4 of 14 (3,257 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I mean Front camera
Message 5 of 14 (3,256 Views)
Novel Adventurer
HTC HD 7 don't have front camera but still you can video call it, but it will you back camera.

But there is some problem, I can see other person's screen at bottom on my phone, and my video is showing all over the screen..
Message 6 of 14 (3,091 Views)
Tourist

You are not the only one and this problem is not limited to Skype. 

smorior83, Could you verify that Visual Voicemail also incorrectly routes audio through your speakerphone speaker as well?  If so, then I suspect the HD7 hardware.  Visual Voicemail (I'm on T-Mobile) has a speakerphone on/off button but it does not toggle between lcd-side speaker and camera-side speakerphone speaker for me. 

Skype has the same problem for HD7 owners.  We call a contact and the other person's voice is routed through the camera-side speakerphone speaker rather than the lcd-side ear speaker.

I have logged an issue with HTC  http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/windows-phone/f/102/t/16034.aspx and they of course point to software.  But if the same Skype software on the same OS works correctly on other hardware, this leads me to believe the problem is in the HD7 hardware/firmware.

Can Skype Tech Suppport verify that this problem is unique to the HD7 hardware?  Are all other handsets routing the audio correctly to the lcd-side ear speaker?  Thanks.

My numbers ------------

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Firmware: 2250.21.51202.531

Hardware Revision: 0002

Bootloader version: 5.12.2250.0(135916)

Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

Skype version: 1.0.0.67

Message 7 of 14 (2,863 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Tourist
of course that HD7 have front camera...even a kid know that
Message 8 of 14 (2,780 Views)
Novel Adventurer

same here, can only talk through the loudspeaker, so annoying and ambarrasing. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,746 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi, is there any work around to address the problem?
Message 10 of 14 (2,602 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 12 in conversation