By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Sign out of SKYPE on Windows Phone? / Link existing Skype account?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I've been happily using SKYPE for a long time on my Lumia 820, but since the recent SKYPE update and the need to link a Microsoft account, I cannot access my existing Skype account (which has all of my contacts).

For some reason it didn't link my existing Skype account when signing in for the first time, and now I have an empty Skype account (for my Microsoft account) and I can't see anyway to sign out anywhere in the settings.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled, but it gives me no option to link a Skype account.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (402 Views)
1 Reply

Hi swam22,

You will need to unlink your Microsoft account from the empty Skype account first, then the next time you login you will be prompted to link your correct account.  Here are instructions for unlinking:

Hope this helps!

Follow us @SkypeSupport.
To get the most out of Skype I recommend Skype Premium.
Download Skype for iPhone from the App Store.
Found this post useful? Please give Kudo. Helped to fix your issue? Mark it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation