By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

I was waiting for Skype to become available for Windows Phones since the beginning, but sadly I have to say that my excitement with the news of Skype availability turned out to be a major disappointment, even being a beta.

I tested a Skype video call between a HTC Radar (European model) and a Laptop. Both were connected to my Home Network. I have a bandwidth of Mbps download / 5 Mbps upload (real speed), still the image quality was terrible. Skype on the laptop kept complaining that the network speed was too slow for video. Come on!

I understand that the phone doesn't support these speeds, but even so. This is supposed to be an application for Smartphone’s. I get better results using the third party video calling application.

Give me a reason to return to using Skype on the laptop, because I had given up on that a long time ago.

Message 1 of 1 (266 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation