By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cannot install on Lumia 625: error "80073cf6"

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi Im using WS 8.1 (Lumia 625)

My skype verson is

My WS OS version is 8.10.12397.895

but im anable to install skype application.. i tried all forum and costomer care but more then 10 days im not able to solve the issue. I tired to reset my factory settings too but still the problem is same.

im able to downlaod but while installing im getting a error code that is"80073cf6" 

Please give me the proper solution as soon as possible.

Thanking you

Message 1 of 7 (8,510 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Same here. Lumia 620.

Message 2 of 7 (7,853 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Have similar problem. After last WP update on Lumia 625 now can't install Skype. It gives an error without number. Rough translation: "there is a problem with installing this app...". I tried rebooting the phone, change the region but it didn't help. There's plenty of free space on the device.

What is the reason  and how can go arround this?

Message 3 of 7 (7,781 Views)
Former Staff

One possible problem is that the app can no longer be installed on the SD card... are you definitely tryting to install it on the device itself..?

Message 4 of 7 (7,774 Views)
Novel Adventurer

But I think there's no option to install it to other place than phone itself.

Anyway it's set in memory settings that all new apps should install to phone.

Message 5 of 7 (7,761 Views)
Can not activate Skype on my Lumia 530 moble phone
Message 6 of 7 (7,732 Views)
Novel Adventurer

My problem got resolved by doing factory reset one more time. But this time I didn't restore backup data. Skype and any other app now install fine.

Message 7 of 7 (7,665 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation