By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't download it on my Windows 8 phone

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Can't download it from Store for my windows 8 phone. 

When will it available? 

Message 1 of 11 (1,823 Views)
10 Replies
Staff Moderator

Skype for Windows Phone 8 is not yet available and Skype for Windows Phone 7 is not compatible with WP7. We are working hard to make the app available as soon as possible.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 11 (1,818 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait.... 

I'm a developer too, so I know it not make it faster, but .... Please work harder!

Are there any timelines? I mean can it take 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1day??

im a little disapointed about that, because if anybody looks at the wp8 advertise everywhere, there are allways skype icons on the home screen. so if anybody like me buying a new device (lumia 920 for me) is very sad if you then see "sorry not yet".

Regards

Message 3 of 11 (1,745 Views)
Casual Tourist
How come Skype for WP8 is not release yet and WP8 devices are already hitting the shelves today. I've been reading a lot of disappointments from WP8 users today. Please make this app becomes available ASAP.
Message 4 of 11 (1,664 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Do you have a project plan with a timeline? Could you share with us at least a `which week` estimation? Otherwise you'd look weak, how could you develop something not estimating its effort?

Message 5 of 11 (1,652 Views)
Staff Moderator

We do of course have project plans, estimates, and so on, but sharing timescales is not the development team's responsibility. An announcement will be made (most likely via The Big Blog) at an appropriate time.

In the meantime we appreciate your patience; we're keen to ship, too

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 6 of 11 (1,648 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Read the comments here: http://www.wpcentral.com/skype-windows-8-its-not-out-yet

you will see people get angry in public blogs too.

Message 7 of 11 (1,646 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Hopefully that wil happen before thanksgiving :happy: 

Message 8 of 11 (1,622 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Would be nice! Then i can reach my family from holiday. With Video chat!!

Message 9 of 11 (1,619 Views)
Staff Moderator

The wait is over. The Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview is out now: http://blogs.skype.com/en/2012/11/skype_for_windows_phone_8_-_in.html

Message 10 of 11 (1,320 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation