By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Are you getting chat and call notifications?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

we cant send or receive picture throught skype why???

Message 61 of 75 (1,240 Views)
Tourist
That was very nice yeah still it's good I like it because I could chat and video calling too
Message 62 of 75 (1,231 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Notification from Skype users with non-Microsoft/Live accounts are still broken.

- phone shows toast, and tile count goes up

- I tap the Skype app (or launch through toast)

- no new messages inside Skype app.

- I log into www.hotmail.com/www.outlook.com/etc anywhere (does not need to be phone) and wait 30 sec.

- I log out from hotmail/outlook.com without doing anything.

- Phone shows within seconds a second new message notication for the same message.

- This time it does show up inside the Skype app.

Since the message did arrive and you can even see a part on the toast, this looks a least partially like a Skype App issue.

I know Skype is originally a telefony app, but in terms of chat functionality and reliability, you get a fat F on Windows Phone. Lacks pretty much all basic featues (sending pictures anyone?) and has been non-stop unreliable since the first day Skype for Windows Phone was released. It is just one issue after another ...

Message 64 of 75 (1,123 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
not getting chat
Message 65 of 75 (1,120 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Guys I havng a Skype but I dnt knw 2 make a Col,and c some1 whose is collng,or who I Col plz guys help m.u can Col m0729291956
Message 66 of 75 (1,078 Views)
Casual Adventurer
@ArminG

Yes, I sign in with non Microsoft account to. Skype Windows Phone 8 lacks of many features. Now I buy Android, the Skype works very well.
:-)
Message 67 of 75 (1,073 Views)
Novel Tourist

Go to setting

- > Wifi

->  Click Advanced

->  check the box Keep wifi on when screen times out

It may solved the issue

Message 68 of 75 (1,017 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Yeah it help alot since it encourage the user to use it any where with their mobile which is also cute.
Message 69 of 75 (959 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Well am one of the few not notifications am using [Removed for privacy] Skype name or community name Sutherland124
Message 70 of 75 (911 Views)