Notification from Skype users with non-Microsoft/Live accounts are still broken.
- phone shows toast, and tile count goes up
- I tap the Skype app (or launch through toast)
- no new messages inside Skype app.
- I log into www.hotmail.com/www.outlook.com/etc anywhere (does not need to be phone) and wait 30 sec.
- I log out from hotmail/outlook.com without doing anything.
- Phone shows within seconds a second new message notication for the same message.
- This time it does show up inside the Skype app.
Since the message did arrive and you can even see a part on the toast, this looks a least partially like a Skype App issue.
I know Skype is originally a telefony app, but in terms of chat functionality and reliability, you get a fat F on Windows Phone. Lacks pretty much all basic featues (sending pictures anyone?) and has been non-stop unreliable since the first day Skype for Windows Phone was released. It is just one issue after another ...