By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

how to change from chinese to english characters

Novel Tourist

how do I change skype program from chinese to english characters

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
9 Replies
Community Manager Emeritus
Please follow the instructions here to change your language back to English: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/How-to-change-language-back-to-English/m-p/2097...

This is given the fact you are using Skype for Windows. If that's not the case please share some more information on which version you are using.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 10
Novel Adventurer

Same issue and I cannot see the link being shared. It says I do not have enough permission. Can someone help?

Thanks

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
Novel Adventurer

thanks it works

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 10
Novel Adventurer

I have inadvertantly clicked on Chinese language for my skype screen and cannot return to English.  How do I return when I cannot read Chinese?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 10
Novel Adventurer

The answer given was not helpful.  I was referred to another screen, but access was denied saying I did not have proper authority.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 10
Community Ambassador

thomtur wrote:

The answer given was not helpful.  I was referred to another screen, but access was denied saying I did not have proper authority.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA73/how-do-i-change-the-language-used-by-skype-for-windows-desktop

Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 10
Novel Tourist

Please allow me to assist as it took me a long time to find the solution.... Simply push Crtl + Space bar to change the typing language!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 10
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem as accidently I changed fron English to Chinese, and I cannot read the symbols. I followed the link only to receive the following - You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. That's not helpful so please assist.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 10
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation