By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Translating Skype into Slovakian

SOLVED
Go to solution
Novel Tourist

I would like to translate Skype into Slovak language. What should I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Adventurer

You don't need to translate into Slovak, Slovak is already an official Skype language that comes bundled with Skype on Windows. Click "Tools" > "Change language" and Slovak is in the list.

On MacOS it's a bit more complicated because I believe Skype takes the language from the language settings of the operating system (yes, foolish developer choice, I know) so you may have to set your OS language to Slovak.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Emeritus
You can find a slovak translation of Skype for Windows here: [invalid URL]

Basically you can translate Skype for Windows by selecting the menu "Tools -> Change Language -> Edit Skype language file"

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Experienced Adventurer

You don't need to translate into Slovak, Slovak is already an official Skype language that comes bundled with Skype on Windows. Click "Tools" > "Change language" and Slovak is in the list.

On MacOS it's a bit more complicated because I believe Skype takes the language from the language settings of the operating system (yes, foolish developer choice, I know) so you may have to set your OS language to Slovak.

Novel Tourist

Translation of Skype for Linux (4.3.0) is available here.

Source version of the translation is also available for those not satisfied with the translation

Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation