By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Translating Skype into Slovakian

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

I would like to translate Skype into Slovak language. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (4,598 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You don't need to translate into Slovak, Slovak is already an official Skype language that comes bundled with Skype on Windows. Click "Tools" > "Change language" and Slovak is in the list.

On MacOS it's a bit more complicated because I believe Skype takes the language from the language settings of the operating system (yes, foolish developer choice, I know) so you may have to set your OS language to Slovak.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4 (3,835 Views)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
You can find a slovak translation of Skype for Windows here: [invalid URL]

Basically you can translate Skype for Windows by selecting the menu "Tools -> Change Language -> Edit Skype language file"

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 4 (4,485 Views)
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You don't need to translate into Slovak, Slovak is already an official Skype language that comes bundled with Skype on Windows. Click "Tools" > "Change language" and Slovak is in the list.

On MacOS it's a bit more complicated because I believe Skype takes the language from the language settings of the operating system (yes, foolish developer choice, I know) so you may have to set your OS language to Slovak.

Message 3 of 4 (3,836 Views)
Novel Tourist

Translation of Skype for Linux (4.3.0) is available here.

Source version of the translation is also available for those not satisfied with the translation

Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation