By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Saudi arabian flag

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Casual Adventurer

Hello 

I am just wondering why did skype change the saudi arabian flag from older version to this new one?

Why did you draw a white thick line blocking the "no god but allah" in the saudi arabian's flag?

Message 1 of 14 (5,853 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by CoolBoy506
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The Saudi Arabian flag is indeed changed in the very latest Skype 6.7 version.

Skype 6.6.0.106

Skype 6.7.0.102

You can install the very latest Skype 6.7.0.102 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.7.0.102.msi

However, be aware that there are several BUGS in this latest update, and if the 6.6 version works well for you, then I would not recommend updating to the 6.7 version.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14 (6,250 Views)
13 Replies
Community Manager

Which Saudi Arabian flag are you referring to? I checked the flag in the Skype for Windows client and on our rates page ( http://www.skype.com/en/rates/?country=SA&currency=USD ) and it looks fine to me. 

if you can share a screenshot of where you see the wrong flag graphics that would definitely help.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 14 (5,789 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Yes, it should be the same as the page you provided.

But it is not

^
screenshot

Message 3 of 14 (5,771 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Also, I can revert back to the version before this last one and make a screenshot of the flag for you to see the difference.

I don't know why it has been changed.

This is the saudi arabian flag for 35 years unchanged.

Message 4 of 14 (5,769 Views)
Community Manager

Thanks for sending the screenshot. So you are referring to the flag shown within the profile section of a contact of yours.

Which version on whihc platform (Skype for Windows, Mac, Android, Windows 8 etc.) are you using?

The flag looks okay for me in Skype for Windows desktop 6.7. Here's a screenshot:

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 5 of 14 (5,744 Views)
Casual Adventurer

The latest version

Windows 7

And yes the flag should be the same as yours.

I believe you're using an older version if you upgrade to my version you will notice the change in the flag.

Message 6 of 14 (5,742 Views)
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by CoolBoy506
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The Saudi Arabian flag is indeed changed in the very latest Skype 6.7 version.

Skype 6.6.0.106

Skype 6.7.0.102

You can install the very latest Skype 6.7.0.102 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.7.0.102.msi

However, be aware that there are several BUGS in this latest update, and if the 6.6 version works well for you, then I would not recommend updating to the 6.7 version.

Message 7 of 14 (6,251 Views)
Highlighted
Tourist

I don't see the big deal lol

Message 8 of 14 (5,146 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hello

If allowed will join in a reply
Is means the words written in flag
In the old version, words clearly visible
In the current version, a small words and are not clear
This is the idea
But I see there is no problem in flag and most important thing is the clarity of words
Everyone knows the flag and there is no any problem  .

Thank you ,
Best Regards .
Omran,

Message 9 of 14 (4,199 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you very much.

Mod Edit: Edited post to comply with the Skype Community Guidelines and Skype Etiquette

Message 10 of 14 (3,852 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 9 in conversation