By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

HEBREW NOT SUPPORT CORRECT on SKYPE why ???????????

Casual Tourist

when write HEBREW mixed with ENGLISH all the order of the words is mass

and due to this we cannot use skype 

why it is like this and not like it was supported on the MSN chat?

Message 1 of 6 (2,273 Views)
5 Replies
Community Manager

Hi and welcome to the Skype Community,

Thanks for your report. We are aware of problems with bi-directional texts. That doesn't only affect Hebrew script, but also Arabic, Persian and other right-to-left ones. How did MSN solve this challenge? Was it showing mixed content right or left aligned?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 6 (2,224 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

Will this ever be fixed? This post is from 2011, and yet mixing rtl and ltr languages don't appear correctly...

Message 3 of 6 (2,020 Views)
Tourist

I believe a reasonable algorithm would be as follows: the primary direction should be determined by the start of the text, and runs of the alternate direction should be in-place in the alternate direction.

It should also definitely be possible to switch direction.

This is an extremely frustrating issue.

Message 4 of 6 (1,559 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem. Is there any solutions ?

hack zing xu | Air Asia Promo

Message 5 of 6 (1,174 Views)
Community Manager

There's no changes to mixed LTR and RTL chat content currently.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 6 of 6 (1,144 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation