By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

What is BtvStack.exe?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi Forum,

Skype keeps prompting me to allow BtvStack.exe to run, although I have got the latest version of Skype already installed.

What does BtvStack.exe do - and can I safely allow it to run?

I appreciate any light you may be able to shed on this.

Best regards

Message 1 of 8 (92,484 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RonViking
‎28-08-2015 11:00

BtvStack.exe is part of the Atheros Bluetooth stack/drivers. If you are not using any Bluetooth devices with your Skype, then you don’t need to allow this application. Otherwise, i.e. if you are using a Bluetooth device (e.g. a headset), then it’s best to allow.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8 (93,114 Views)
7 Replies
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RonViking
‎28-08-2015 11:00

BtvStack.exe is part of the Atheros Bluetooth stack/drivers. If you are not using any Bluetooth devices with your Skype, then you don’t need to allow this application. Otherwise, i.e. if you are using a Bluetooth device (e.g. a headset), then it’s best to allow.

Message 2 of 8 (93,115 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Problem solved - your comments greatly appreciated.

RonViking

Message 3 of 8 (92,437 Views)
Novel Tourist

o.k.  If you don't plan to use bluetooth righ now and deny btvstack.exe access and in the future you decide to use bluetooth how do you allow access. 

Or am I worry to much.  That is when you get your bluetooth device and install it the installation will take care of this issue.

Message 4 of 8 (78,552 Views)
Community Ambassador

You should be able to change the Allow/Deny status using the “Manage other programs access to Skype” option. See e.g. this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-manage-the-list-of-programs-blocked-by-quot-...

Casual Tourist

And I am just wondering, what will happen if I allow it to run but I am not using Bluetooth?

Message 6 of 8 (63,103 Views)
Casual Tourist

The page linked to by this answer gives an Access Denied error.

Message 7 of 8 (1,645 Views)
Community Ambassador
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 90 kudos
  • 5 in conversation