By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to configure Auto Answer on Skype

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have just bought a omni-directional microphone and been thinking is it possible to configure Skype to automatically open or Answer a call without the recipient being there? This could also be used for video, with care!

It would be useful to use this as a security feature to check home to see if there are intruders etc..  Obviously there are other security questions and it would be better if this feature could be set up to "auto-answer" only calls from pre-configured callers.

All ideas appreciated - thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador

If you are using Skype for Windows then the option for auto-answering calls is in Tools -> Options -> Call settings -> Show advanced options. Check the option: “ Answer incoming calls automatically”.

This will result in auto-answer on all incoming calls. If you want this to work only for a selected contact, then this is also possible to do but requires a 3rd party application based on Skype4COM API and vbscript.

11 Replies
Community Ambassador

If you are using Skype for Windows then the option for auto-answering calls is in Tools -> Options -> Call settings -> Show advanced options. Check the option: “ Answer incoming calls automatically”.

This will result in auto-answer on all incoming calls. If you want this to work only for a selected contact, then this is also possible to do but requires a 3rd party application based on Skype4COM API and vbscript.

Novel Adventurer

Wonderful! Thank you for this; will give it a try.

You would not believe how long it took me to find how to put a New Message on this Forum.  Do Skype make it deliberately difficult or am I just thick?

All the best.

Novel Tourist

good morning sir. i appreciate that I'm a bit of a dinosaur and i'm new to skype but trying to set up a basic answer phone message is driving me NUTS !

I have looked at some of the answers on this forum but still am getting nowhere.

I have gone to Skype / preferences / calls.

I see there is a RECEIVE NORMALLY (default) and also ANSWER AUTOMATICALLY.

I have clicked on the latter and this highlights a side bar CONFIGURE which I have clicked

to ANSWER AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT VIDEO, pressed DONE (as a control I have now called my Skype number to see if at this stage there is a default answer message but there is none).

Continuing, down to the other highlighted side bar SET UP VOICE MESSAGING & click which then shows me and gives me the option of a default message or doing a new one.

I have listened to the default message and clicked DONE and then called my Skype number but no message and I have also placed a new message, clicked DONE and again called my Skype number but alas ..... again no message. And as a check I have confirmed that my new message has been recorded (in that section).

So where am I going wrong ???

For the record I am a Mac user (Lion) and I'm not sure that it is relevant but I also use ecamm call recorder (to record all my calls).

Many many thanks if you can help.

B

Novel Adventurer
Can you elaborate on the 3rd party software needed to assign auto answer to a specific individual instead of to everyone on my contact list? What software is it exactly and how do I configure it? Thanks in advance.
Community Ambassador

troysteris wrote:
Can you elaborate on the 3rd party software needed to assign auto answer to a specific individual instead of to everyone on my contact list? What software is it exactly and how do I configure it? Thanks in advance.

I have a home-made VBScript program which can do this but it is not working well with the latest Skype version (5.9). The Auto answer function works but video doesn’t start automatically, only audio. I need to find out what is now changed in the latest Skype version.

Novel Adventurer

well guys now u can auto answer the pre selected contacts only by downloading this third party application ,alow its access to skype after installation link is

https://code.google.com/p/skypeautoanswer/downloads/detail?name=SkypeAutoAnswer-0.0.2.zip&can=1&q=skype

regards 

astrologer

Novel Adventurer

third party application ,alow its access to skype after installation link is

https://code.google.com/p/skypeautoanswer/downloads/detail?name=SkypeAutoAnswer-0.0.2.zip&can=1&q=skype

astrologer

Highlighted
Community Ambassador

Have you tested if this software can auto-answer with video on Skype 5.9 and later versions?

https://jira.skype.com/browse/SPA-777

Novel Adventurer
So, with auto answer turned on then Skype will auto answer all incoming calls? Now, to my next question. Can just anyone (everyone) call your Skype account or do they have to be in your contacts?

Because if you have auto answer turned on globally in Skype and just anyone could call you, that might not be a good thing.
Discussion Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation