By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Skype on Samsung Smart TV Discontinued - 2 June 2016

SOLVED
Go to solution
Novel Adventurer

did you get it work?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1841 of 1,846
Casual Adventurer

Hi guys has anyone heard or found a way to Skype back on the J Series? Or know if there is another platform on Samsung Teles to be added to Tizon platform eg Google Hangouts? Any rumours would be great as I have seen posts where it says this on these forums but is now May and no action or repost on this.

Thanks

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1842 of 1,846
Experienced Adventurer

2soft2crack wrote:

I guess we need the new domains to block them in the router. 

BLOCKING F/W UPDATES IN YOUR ROUTER

I have been investigating trying to find the Domains to block,  so far it seems to be working!

Please report back with your results!

DOMAINS

msecnd.net **

samsungotn.net **

www.samsungotn.net

test.samsungotn.net

ns2.msft.net or just msft.net **     (NEW ... A DNS Server)

otn.samsungcloudcdn.com **      (THIS ONE IS THE IMPORTANT NEW ONE! SEE NOTE)

NOTE ... Depending on the DNS SERVERS YOU use, mine returns a local (to my ISP) akamaitechnologies.com Caching Server, so apply the blocking to your TV only if you can, and note it MAY block some websites on the TV.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1843 of 1,846
Casual Adventurer

What about Tizen or updates on possible rumours of other platforms for J series with regards to previous post about Samsung bringing back Skype?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1844 of 1,846
Casual Adventurer

Thanx a lot!!! So now is the question whether to install the updates and then block them( because the note at the top screen keeps popping up) and then reinstall skype ( after it is erased from the update) and if skype will then function afterwards.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1845 of 1,846
Experienced Adventurer

NEVER UPDATE

You will likely loose more features including the ability to load Skype and gain nothing!

Please tell me if blocking the Domains I supplied is working for you all? You should no longer receive F/W update messages on screen and no updates should appear in the F/W update System Menu.

From what I've read J series and above can not be rooted & Skype can not be installed and likely will never be able to.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1846 of 1,846