By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Is disabling emoticons ever going to be added?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

I'm just wondering if this is going to be like the current desktop client that has a lot of options, including disabling the ugly emoticons, or if this is going to be like the Android/iOS clients that have no such options, for no understandable reason.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fair enough. I'll add this as a feature request in our internal system. I don't it'll be our top priority right now even though it's a legit feature request. For one, the settings page we have is a little cluttered. Probably we'd want to clean that up first, before adding too many new settings. But I'll definitely add the feature request so that we won't forget.

Note, you can also make feature requests directly through the Send Feedback option (Ctrl+o) inside of the Skype app. It ultimately ends up in the same place, but that way I don't have to copy/paste text

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
3 Replies

Just curious: what is the scenario where you want to disable emoticons? What do you expect to see instead, the shorthand? E.g. (wave)?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Novel Adventurer

I'd just like to see the text that's normally converted to the emoticons. Like ":3" instead of the cat. And text emoticons like "" and ":o", again, instead of their animated, yellow-face-ball emoticons. It'd work like how the current Skype works on Windows when you disable the emoticons in settings. Neither me nor anyone I've ever chatted with has used any of the other ones that require words in brackets.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Fair enough. I'll add this as a feature request in our internal system. I don't it'll be our top priority right now even though it's a legit feature request. For one, the settings page we have is a little cluttered. Probably we'd want to clean that up first, before adding too many new settings. But I'll definitely add the feature request so that we won't forget.

Note, you can also make feature requests directly through the Send Feedback option (Ctrl+o) inside of the Skype app. It ultimately ends up in the same place, but that way I don't have to copy/paste text

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation