no outgoing calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

no outgoing calls

I just purchased the 3 month subscription to the online number in the US.  There is no problem calling me but I have a problem calling a US number.  It says that I have to purchase the skype credit or get a subscription.

ching0807
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)

Re: no outgoing calls

ching0807 wrote:

I just purchased the 3 month subscription to the online number in the US.  There is no problem calling me but I have a problem calling a US number.  It says that I have to purchase the skype credit or get a subscription.

You are correct. 

Skype's Online Numbers are intended to receive calls from people using telephones.  The Online Numbers do only one thing when you are making telephone calls from Skype - they could be used as Caller ID, showing the Online Number on the displays of the phones you call.  You still need to have Skype Credit on your account, or a subscription, to call telephones fro myour Skype account. 

If you are interested in calling telephones in the US to go with your US Online Number, you may consider purchasing the Unlimited USA (or Unlimited USA & Canada) subscription at US$ 2.99/month.  This would cover calling to both landline and mobile phones in the US, and possibly Canada if you can purchase the two-country subscription (not available everywhere).  If you purchase that subscription on a yearly basis, you get a 15% discount - making the yearly cost just over US$ 30/year.  Otherwise, you could purchase some Skype Credit and pay for each call you make - 2.3 US cents/minute per call, for both landlines and mobiles, plus a connection fee per call.  The per-minute rate goes to 6 US cents/minute for calling Alaska, plus the connection fee per call. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 564
Message 2 of 2 (224 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling