By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to answer some calls made to my Skype Number

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

I have a US Skype Number. I tried calling it from my UK landline this evening to test it and I was able to answer it fine. But when my friend in the US tried to call me later on this evening, twice, I was unable to answer it. It rang, but when I pressed the green icon the call appeared to just drop/end without connecting. It then showed as a missed call on my account. I tried answering on both my laptop and my phone app.

On the first attempt my account was set only to accept calls from contacts BUT I had been able to answer test calls from my landline fine on this setting and it is not saved as a contact in my account either. However after the first attempt I added my friend's number to my contacts just in case, but left the settings the same.

I have however now changed the settings on both my phone and laptop apps to accept calls from anyone, just in case. Even though this doesn't make any sense to me, given the above, will this do the trick? If not any other ideas?

My phone app had the latest version of Skype. My laptop was just one behind I think, but I have now updated it.

It is very disappointing because he is in prison so I can't just contact him and ask him what happened or ask him to try and call me again. I assume he is calling from a landline.

Thanks,

• Skype Number
Flag for a Moderator
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Casual Adventurer

Just to say the privacy settings do seem to have fixed it as I was just able to answer!

1 Reply
Casual Adventurer

Just to say the privacy settings do seem to have fixed it as I was just able to answer!

Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation