By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Changing voicemail greeting?

Casual Adventurer

Does anyone know of Email addresses or Telephone Numbers for Microsoft/Skype so that one is able to lodge our concerns at the loss of a personal greeting and the ability to use Pamela so that multiple Skype numbers have unique greetings. This was such a unique feature now being put at risk

Flag for a Moderator
Message 91 of 102
Reliable Adventurer

Guess what happened to me. After restarting my computer, Skype has been once again updated WITHOUT ASKING ME A **bleep** QUESTION IF I WANT THIS **bleep** UPDATE OR NOT!!! and once again my custom voicemail greeting has been removed and the default one in English has been set. I'm leaving this **bleep** 'service' for good.

I have downgraded my Skype to 7.33.x and disabled the automatic updates in my preferences. I have disabled the 'Skype Updater' service, as well. So it should NOT force me to update ANY **bleep** THING! ... I DON'T WANT YOUR **bleep** UPDATES AND I DO NOT *bleep** CARE WHAT YOU WANT! I want back a feature of a service I paid for! But you decided to take it down 'because not many people use it', whoaaa! What a **bleep** company!

EDIT: One last chance: I broke the functionality of Updater.exe and Updater.dll by opening and saving them in a Notepad, I'll let you know if it prevents SKype from being forcibly updated or not.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 92 of 102
Reliable Adventurer

Sad news to report: my Skype has just been updated to a newest version and my voicemail greeting has been again set to default. I've disabled automatic updates, disabled the "Skype Updater" service in services.msc, made updater.exe and updater.dll no longer work. **bleep** [It] updated itself again! Looks like Skype is communicating in some way with the server and installs the update whenever it finds one. With complete disregard for user's preferences.

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 93 of 102
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

I really need my personalized greeting back.  Has anybody found a clue to this yet?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 94 of 102
Novel Tourist

This is **bleep** -believable!  Are they trying to lose customers?

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines - profanity and references to it are not permitted in posts.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 95 of 102
Novel Adventurer

OK here is my chat online with Skype on this matter today – Another paying customer $350 per month for last 8 years GONE. That's $33,600 we have spent with Skype. I suggest you do the same. Good news is it’s free to port your numbers to another provider :o) I feel they really want to wind down Skype for some reason and they want us to just walk away is the only logical reason. If that's not the reason someone should get fired for this dumb decision. Which means you will soon not have a Skype acct. RUN…

-----

Sat 5-20-17

ME

I'm thinking of canceling Skype and going with another company. I have many users for my company we pay for in the last 8 years. You took away custom personal greetings. So when our clients call they don't know if they called the correct company so we are loosing business. When is Skype bringing back the personal custom VM greetings?

11:12 am

Me

And does Skype allow us to take our phone numbers with us to another company?

11:15 am

Tricia S.

Thank you for sharing your concern. I understand how it is important for you to have the customized voicemail. Unfortunately, personalized voicemails are no longer available as part of an update,  but we're still looking forward  to have the feature back in the future.

Tricia S.

Yes, we do support porting out of numbers to a different telecommunication providers.

Me

when is the worst case scenario they will be back?

11:16 am

Me

custom greetings

11:16 am

Tricia S.

I'm afraid, we don’t have an update regarding customized voice mails.

11:17 am

Tricia S.

May I have you Skype name please?

11:17 am

Me

When you say porting does that mean we do not pay for the Skype numbers while they are being ported> In other words if I move to another company and we port them, do i still have to pay Skype any money while they are being ported?

11:19 am

Tricia S.

Porting out of Skype numbers is free, what you just have to do is to contact your telco provider  to request for your Skype number to be ported out and they will be the one to get in touch with us to process the transfer of the number.

11:21 am

Me

Thank you. I’m sorry your company made a very bad decision I'm certain your loosing many paying customers. What was the reason why you took away the custom greeting?

11:22 am

Tricia S.

You are most welcome and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. The removal of the custom greetings in VM is actually part of an update because the management aims to  have a more systemized VM for all users.

11:26 am

Tricia S.

Sorry  for the long wait, I thought  I was able to send my message.

11:26 am

Tricia S.

I hope I was able to shed light on this issue

11:28 am

Me

Thank you for your time Im very sad we will be leaving over this terrible decision on Microsoft part. Please forward this communication to upper management so they see they have lost yet another paying customer.

11:28 am

Me

And why we are leaving

11:29 am

Tricia S.

I understand and I really do apologize in behalf of Skype. Don't worry, I will take note of your feedback and rest assured that the management will be aware of this.

Me

Have a Blessed weekend, Don

Tricia S.

Thank you so much for your kindness  to me Don.

11:30 am

Tricia S.

I really appreciate the chance and time you have given us . Again, this has been Tricia S. Please do have a great day!

Tricia S.

goodbye and take care

Flag for a Moderator
Message 96 of 102
Novel Adventurer

has anyone done any research on an alternative to Skype, who includes the personal voicemail? 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 97 of 102
Reliable Adventurer

Do you mean, an IM application? Well, most probably, Skype is (er, sorry, WAS) the only one to provide such a feature. I don't know if Google Hangouts has anything similar, and their service including phone numbers is available only for the citizens of the U. S.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 98 of 102
Routine Adventurer
Had a quick looksee and there is YAY>com in the UK
Flag for a Moderator
Message 99 of 102
Casual Tourist

disgusting why did they remove personal voice messgage 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 100 of 102
Discussion Stats