By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

virus sending out messages

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Virus (or something) is sending messages to my contacte with texts:

hahaha foto? 

hahaha foto picture? 

OMG is this your picture? 

And creating group conversation every time. What should I do?

Message 1 of 19 (16,452 Views)
18 Replies
bcm
Novel Adventurer
same here wat is going on?
Message 2 of 19 (16,420 Views)
bcm
Novel Adventurer

message that is send out is "rofl is this really your pic? http://bit"

(just reading about not posting those links (if interested contact me and I will inform you about the link)

Message 3 of 19 (16,419 Views)
Casual Tourist

Same here "lol is this really your pic ? " etc etc

Message 4 of 19 (16,396 Views)
bcm
Novel Adventurer

anyone?

Message 5 of 19 (16,385 Views)
Super Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (16,356 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

I got a call today from an electronic voice which interupted a call I was on.  It was persistent.  I finally answered.

Is this a Hacker?  I have not done what the electronic voice asked, which was about a

Skype protection service and that I should go to the following website IMMEDIATELY and click on the website

[invalid URL]  to reactivate security protection !?!

Anyone know what this is about?

Message 7 of 19 (16,026 Views)
Super Adventurer

LDT2Toronto wrote:

I got a call today from an electronic voice which interupted a call I was on.  It was persistent.  I finally answered.

Is this a Hacker?  I have not done what the electronic voice asked, which was about a

Skype protection service and that I should go to the following website IMMEDIATELY and click on the website

[invalid URL]  to reactivate security protection !?!

Anyone know what this is about?

it's a scam, but doesn't necessarily means that your account was hacked or compromised (unless you visited the site mentioned in that call).  please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

Message 8 of 19 (16,008 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have this problem too but it says: lol is this your new profile pic? (link)

Its so annoying!!

Message 9 of 19 (12,117 Views)

Hi, ellarobinson99,

Yes; the incident you note has been reported to Skype's Fraud Unit.  Here is a sister thread related to this issue:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-spam-virus/m-p/1100942#M83119

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 10 of 19 (12,076 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 14 in conversation