By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

third party

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer
What are those third party websites?how would u know if u have them in your computer or phone?and what would they do if u have this? How can I avoid third party?thank u..
Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)
3 Replies

Hi, Crunch,

Remember this: download Skype from a reputable first-hand source such as the Skype website itself (for example, Download Skype ), or in the case of a mobile device, from the wireless carrier's app directory (iTunes Store, BlackBerry World, Google Play/Play Store, etc.). 

There is no need to randomly search the internet looking for the latest version of the Skype software which is compatible with your device.  Doing so potentially places you in peril of downloading malware, spyware, and so on along with the software you think you are downloading. 

For another example, I would not download an Adobe software suite from anyone other than Adobe.  That said, I do trust CNET.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)
Community Ambassador

crunch00005 wrote:
What are those third party websites?how would u know if u have them in your computer or phone?and what would they do if u have this? How can I avoid third party?thank u..

You have received the answer here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/record-video-calls/m-p/2056817#M23566

If you don't trust your conversation partner, then don't skype with such contacts.

Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Thank you, Ruwim!

To avoid duplication of answers, this thread now closed.

- Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 4 of 4 (330 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation