By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype was blocked from accessing the internet

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

2 days ago, I could not run skype.   The computer said skype was blocked from accessing the internet.  However, the icon in the toolbar shows that the skype is connecting.   I am just a computer user and don't know much about technique.   Does someone help me?  my computer is Lenovo with Window7, Norton Security version 19.9.1.14 and Skype 5.8.

Actually, the skype version is 6.1 but I have restored to 5.8.  

anxiously look forward to having your response.

Message 1 of 8 (5,501 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by tuktuk4242
‎28-08-2015 11:00

it is incredibly workable!  Thanks a lot for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8 (6,107 Views)
7 Replies
Community Ambassador
Message 2 of 8 (5,496 Views)
Novel Adventurer

many many thanks for your advice.  It is workable!   I can connect the skype now.

Message 3 of 8 (5,485 Views)
Novel Adventurer

According to my previously thanks and message that to disable Norton Firewall is workable, but when I closed the computer and startrd it again.   It still says that Skype was blocked from accessing the internet again.  And I have to disable firewall again.   Do I have to repeat it everytime that I turn on the computer?     

Message 4 of 8 (5,477 Views)
Community Ambassador

You don’t need to disable the Firewall. This was just a test to see if the issue is due to this Firewall. However, you need to configure this Firewall to allow Skype.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Cant-Connect-to-Skype/m-p/1251570#M94996

Message 5 of 8 (5,471 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by tuktuk4242
‎28-08-2015 11:00

it is incredibly workable!  Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 6 of 8 (6,108 Views)
Casual Tourist

I can't get skype calls to go through. Disabled my avg firewall without success.  Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8 (4,863 Views)
Novel Tourist

sir/madam ,hello can u please help to to start back my skype , im haveing great problems 

Message 8 of 8 (3,585 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation