By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

i keep on receiving welcome emails

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hi,

On my email address, I keep on receiving induction emails from skype for user accounts that I never created. I receive around 5 emails per day and it's getting very annoying.

I did talk to skype support but they said there's nothing they could do.

My email address is not in any spammer's databases and I dont get any other spam at all (i am very careful where I am submiting my email).

Any ideas how to stop the welcome emails?

thanks,

Alex

Message 1 of 4 (1,694 Views)
3 Replies

I am very surprised that support said there is nothing they can do, can you please click the support link at the bottom of the page, and try again, if you get the same response, please let us know here.

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Message 2 of 4 (1,692 Views)
Power User

Unfortunately, I think there is indeed no way to stop those email from coming.  Anyone (not necessarily spammers) who knows your email address can register a Skype account using it (Skype currently doesn't employ email verification when users are creating an account).  But I think Skype should have some option to block your email from registering any additional accounts (asumming that you also have no more intentions of creating another account under that email address).

Just some suggestions, you can block emails from skype (but this one is that really not that advisable as all types of email from them will be blocked), or create a separate folder for skype emails and divert all emails from them in that folder.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 3 of 4 (1,690 Views)
Novel Tourist
My username stolen by someone.can he use now my skype account?
Message 4 of 4 (1,186 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation