By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how to remove a username from the log-in screen?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hello everyone,

I have an annoying problem and don't know how to solve it.

What happened is that my ex-girlfriend used to use my laptop to log-in to het skype account. But in the log-in screen always keeps appearing her name just like mine does.

I used various registry cleaners and uninstalled and re-installed skype and that didn't have any result.

How can I remove users from the log-in screen?

Thanks for all the help.

Message 1 of 11 (125,145 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff
Solution
Accepted as a solution by vanriessen1
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Basically you need to delete account folder. I think second part of this FAQ will help: https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA142/How-do-I-delete-my-profile-or-Skype-Name

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11 (128,570 Views)
10 Replies
Staff
Solution
Accepted as a solution by vanriessen1
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Basically you need to delete account folder. I think second part of this FAQ will help: https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA142/How-do-I-delete-my-profile-or-Skype-Name

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 11 (128,571 Views)
Novel Adventurer
thanks a lot Andre
Message 3 of 11 (125,138 Views)
Staff
Welcome!

Message 4 of 11 (125,120 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi can u plz tell me how to delete skype name from your samsung galaxy nexu, and how to sign it out, plz help me

Message 5 of 11 (119,413 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi, 

We are having troubles adding additional users to the login screen on our apple mac. 

When you click on the skype logo it auto logs in the same user each time and it's so quick that you can't unclick the auto log in box, or scroll down to change users.

We have tried opening skype while disconnected to the internet, but same result.

Would love some help!

thanks,

Fleur

Message 6 of 11 (115,119 Views)
Novel Adventurer

pls helm me to remove my skyp name from log in screen....

Message 7 of 11 (111,922 Views)
Casual Tourist

please help me delete username from lob in screen

Message 8 of 11 (106,488 Views)
Novel Tourist

IN windows click the start

choose 'run' and type the following:    %appdata%/skype   hit enter

Delete the folders that correspond to the username you wish to delete

Message 9 of 11 (99,478 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thanks Davemh69,,,,
this is the best, fast and easiest way to remove a username from the log-in screen. very well done and thanks for sharing ur knowledge.

Message 10 of 11 (97,529 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 24 kudos
  • 9 in conversation