By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

disabling caller ID

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

i use to be able to go into Manage features/ caller ID, and disable my number from being displayed when i make skype calls. not anymore. why was this disabled? can we get the ability to disable our caller ID?

Message 1 of 7 (726 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Tourist
Likewise, I cannot change my caller ID, it is very frustrating.
Message 2 of 7 (720 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (512 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem, I need to disable my Caller ID to call anonymous

Message 4 of 7 (448 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem, I need to disable my Caller ID to call anonymous again.

Message 5 of 7 (447 Views)
Highlighted

Hi, RootPowered,

Here is a link to the current instruction for changing Caller ID settings:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2561/how-do-i-change-my-caller-identification-settings

This is a link to the library of FAQ articles related to Caller ID in general:

https://support.skype.com/en/category/CALLER_IDENTIFICATION/

If you find anything not working according to the instructions, please do post back noting what is incorrect or what is not working as it should.  Including your mobile device and/or computer, its operating system, and which web browser you are using would be helpful, as well.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 6 of 7 (440 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Same problem and Skype remains useless. Just plain pathetic!

Message 7 of 7 (382 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation