By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

can I see if someone is logged into my account?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hi there!

I am using my Skype account both at work and at home. Sometimes, I forget to logout from my work computer. This doesnt change my ability to login/logout at home however.

My question is, is there any way to check from home whether I am still logged in to my account from another computer? (i.e. work)

The follow-up question is: Can I remotely logout at my work computer whilst sitting at home? (with my home computer)

Thank you!

Cheers - Daniel

Message 1 of 13 (121,864 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted as a solution by danielbozi
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Currently, this is somewhat of a little trick you could do.

Using the Skype client program window do:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Privacy Settings

If you see a "Show Advanced Options" button click on it.

Make sure the "Allow my status to be shown on the web" checkbox is checked, if not check it, and then click the "Save" button.

Logoff from Skype, and go here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/tell-a-friend/wizard/

Enter your Skype name and change the Skype Status radio button to "Show" if you see yourself as online, you are logged in on another computer/device or someone is logged in as your Skype name.

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Staff
Hi Daniel,

If you change your password then you will be logged out everywhere automatically.
Can't really check if your are logged in at home, I guess you could check your status. For example before logging in at work you can check with one of your friends if you are shown online or not.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 13 (121,859 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Hi!

Thanks for your answer... so I guess the answer to both my questions are 'no' then...

I dont wanna be changing my password all the time, even though sometimes I do of course... hmm... there should be a way just like with gmail or facebook, to see IP addresses of places currently logged in or something similar... ...no? nothing?

Message 3 of 13 (121,855 Views)
Solution
Accepted as a solution by danielbozi
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Currently, this is somewhat of a little trick you could do.

Using the Skype client program window do:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Privacy Settings

If you see a "Show Advanced Options" button click on it.

Make sure the "Allow my status to be shown on the web" checkbox is checked, if not check it, and then click the "Save" button.

Logoff from Skype, and go here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/tell-a-friend/wizard/

Enter your Skype name and change the Skype Status radio button to "Show" if you see yourself as online, you are logged in on another computer/device or someone is logged in as your Skype name.

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Casual Adventurer

oh my god it workssss!!!

Message 5 of 13 (121,840 Views)

You are very welcome, glad to help.

Message 6 of 13 (121,836 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Apparently a no-brainer, but, why is it not MANDATORY for skype to disconnect all current instances if you log in from another station?

Message 7 of 13 (121,805 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Good question! What you are saying is just like facebook... other services, like gmail, tracks which IP addresses have been logged into the account recently... it is such a simple thing to do, but eases the security issue tremendously!

Message 8 of 13 (121,783 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So I noticed something the other day, which only works some of the time. But if you log onto skype, and open up to chat with someone, say the echo123 account, go into the chat window and enter in the skype command: "/whois [your.skype.username]".

It will sometimes display at the bottom something that says "Online locations: ". Sometimes, it's followed by just a blank. Other times, it will actually give me the online locations, some weird thing in the format of skype.username@..... However, I did notice that a few times, when I was logged onto two computers and my phone, it actually returned 3 separate online locations. So if you're already logged onto skype, you can try to use the command to see if you're logged on elsewhere, but it doesn't always work for some odd reason. 

Message 9 of 13 (121,773 Views)
Novel Tourist

The first technique doesn't quite work: I can sign in an iphone or ipad, but the online status button still shows "offline".  Soon as I log on from a PC -- working again.  Log out - offline again.

So, I don't think it's accurate.

Skype *should* give a way to log off other sessions.

Message 10 of 13 (116,617 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 9 in conversation