By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Why do I keep getting calls from SYSTEM NOTICE - URGENT ONLINE REPAIR.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have blocked it everytime I get it and keeps coming. Is it spam???

Message 1 of 4 (2,170 Views)
3 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I see I'm not the only one. I am getting this and bd.repair.service.0 as well. I've marked them as spam and reported abuse with no change. I still get calls. Hello skype people. Would you please address this.

Jim

Message 2 of 4 (2,165 Views)

Hi,

Yes, these are scamming/phishing attempts.  Please continue to Block and Report as Abuse each incident as it occurs.  Unfortunately, the title appears the same or very similar, and the underlying phone number or Skype account changes.

I encourage everyone dealing with this, depending on how they use Skype, to ensure that privacy, audio call, video call, and instant message preference settings allow incoming calls and IM's from people on your contact list only.  Please also remember to Save each page or screen you make changes on before leaving that screen or the changes will not be applied.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 3 of 4 (2,151 Views)
Novel Tourist
Why does SKYPE not filter out new accounts that use SYSTEM NOTICE and other reocurring keywords in the pisher's title? These things come in at all hours of the night and it's more than just annoying.
Message 4 of 4 (1,395 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation