By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Virus contacts - myth or truth?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

On a relatively regular basis a mail circulates with a random person I know about there beening some skype user/s which if you add you'll get virus that does this or that to your PC. For example the last one like that i've receive was about skype names "ivchetoo225" & "ivchetoo05". Has there ever been a virus that spread like that?

2 Replies
Novel Tourist

No! This all looks like someones joke.

Power User

afaik, virus can only be spread via file transfer feature.  I think it is not possible to get viruses just by merely adding certain users.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation