By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Username change

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hello, I'm a transgender woman and I recently changed my legal name. However, while I can change my display name, I'm finding I'm not able to change my username. It's a little upsetting as when I set up my account I used my former (male) legal name as my username. Since I use my account for international calls and have quite a lot of Skype Credit built up, I don't want to just delete it - can you help me?

Message 1 of 4 (18,414 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by djunalily
‎28-08-2015 11:00

djunalily wrote:

I'm finding I'm not able to change my username. 

Hello,

Usernames cant ever be changed. You could consider creating a new account, requesting a refund of the credit in your old account and then applying it to your new account.

To do this please file here:

contact customer service?intcmp=SN-Mods

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4 (19,300 Views)
3 Replies
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by djunalily
‎28-08-2015 11:00

djunalily wrote:

I'm finding I'm not able to change my username. 

Hello,

Usernames cant ever be changed. You could consider creating a new account, requesting a refund of the credit in your old account and then applying it to your new account.

To do this please file here:

contact customer service?intcmp=SN-Mods

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4 (19,301 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi I have the same problem, I just married and changed my name. Please let me know how I can change my username.

Message 3 of 4 (18,407 Views)
Highlighted
Staff Moderator

jessicaegloff wrote:

Please let me know how I can change my username.

Read my post above.

Message 4 of 4 (18,343 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation