By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype survey - Is it a scam?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I received an e-mail today announcing a Skype survey with a link and a chance to win a $1,000 Amazon gift card.  There is no mention of a survey here on the Skype website.  Is this a phishing scam?  E-mail header is below:

sender-time: Sent at 2:38 PM (GMT-08:00). Current time there: 6:28 PM. ?
to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date: Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

subject: Help us improve Skype and get a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to Amazon.com
mailed-by: skype.net

Message 1 of 3 (1,220 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Tourist

I also received an email today that said I was randomly selected for account verification and then it instructed me to click on a link that would ask me a series of "identity verification questions". It looked very authentic but sounded suspicious. There was also a typo in the text which makes me believe even more that this is a scam....does anyone know for sure?

Message 2 of 3 (1,216 Views)
Super Adventurer

skybunny wrote:

I also received an email today that said I was randomly selected for account verification and then it instructed me to click on a link that would ask me a series of "identity verification questions". It looked very authentic but sounded suspicious. There was also a typo in the text which makes me believe even more that this is a scam....does anyone know for sure?

not sure about the "survey" type email, but this "verification" type email is a certain scam.  Please send a report to abuse@skype.net.

Message 3 of 3 (1,210 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation