By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Resolver (Grabs your ip without added you)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hey, is there a way for them not to skype resolve me? :S He knows my IP and keeps on DDoSing me, i need help please.

Message 1 of 19 (17,946 Views)
18 Replies
Casual Tourist

Hello,

I have the same problem. I cannot do anything, and even though I have a dynamic IP, he just re-resolves it, finds my IP, and starts DDoSing me again.

Please fix this issue.

Thanks

Message 2 of 19 (17,919 Views)

Dear All,

Please provide examples of these incidents so they can be researched further and investigated. I am subscribed to this thread so I can follow up.

Thank you,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 3 of 19 (17,890 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Message 4 of 19 (17,882 Views)
Casual Tourist

This really needs to be patched.. i cant use skype anymore because of some sad kid ddosing me all the day..

I hope you'll find a solution

Message 5 of 19 (17,820 Views)
Novel Tourist

Well, just letting you guys know, once they have your ip they can Ddos you when ever they want.... you dont need to be on skype for them to Ddos you...

Message 6 of 19 (17,605 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Luckily most IP addresses change fairly often which completely prevents them from attacking you so long as they can't obtain it again.

The problem is that they can obtain it again if you're using Skype, so it needs to be fixed

Message 7 of 19 (17,594 Views)
Super Aviator

Get your IP and do what with it? The IP address you've gotten, that is the IP address of the server, is as far as you're going to get. You are not directly connected to the other user when using Skype, you each connect to a "supernode" (server) that passes the communication between the users.

Most ISP issue dynamic IP and block common ports like 80, 25, and some other ones used for popular protocols. Most of the time, your IP resets and your ISP issues you a new IP when your router reconnects. Of course that's assuming you have a dynamic IP.

Basically everyone who has a fully open chat connection constantly deals with spam like this. Either set Skype to "people in my Contact list only" or block these guys individually and move on.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 8 of 19 (17,276 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Tamim,

I think you're misunderstanding the situation. Any user, having added you or not, is able to retrieve your IP address through a medium completely separate from Skype. The only information they need is your username. No prior contact is needed

With your Skype username "tamim.sarkar", I was just able to find all recent IP addresses you've used to sign in to Skype.

This might not seem a problem for you as you don't have anyone targetting you, but for users on online communities this is a serious problem as knocking people offline is now common occurence

Message 9 of 19 (17,272 Views)
Super Adventurer

Tamim wrote:

The IP address you've gotten, that is the IP address of the server, is as far as you're going to get. You are not directly connected to the other user when using Skype, you each connect to a "supernode" (server) that passes the communication between the users.

this is so wrong it is not even funny

supernodes DO NOT carry VoIP traffic

most sessions between Skype users are over direct, peer-to-peer connections, and the IP address returned by this annoying Skype Resolver hacker tool is the current public IP of the Skype user that is signed in

Regards,
Neil
Message 10 of 19 (17,267 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 11 in conversation