By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Removing Skype name from sign in screen

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi

I'm selling my PC (windows XP pro) and have deleted Skype (using add/remove programs) then reinstalled it.

My user name keeps coming up as an option, without the PW, how do i delete this from my PC so my username does not come up any more?

Message 1 of 4 (7,171 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Rackrose
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Try Below:

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

type: %programdata%\Skype\Apps and press Enter

Delete the login folder.

Again Press WinKey + R

type: %appdata% and press Enter

Delete the Skype folder.

For testing purposes you can run Skype but you need to delete the folders again.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4 (7,601 Views)
3 Replies
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Rackrose
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Try Below:

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

type: %programdata%\Skype\Apps and press Enter

Delete the login folder.

Again Press WinKey + R

type: %appdata% and press Enter

Delete the Skype folder.

For testing purposes you can run Skype but you need to delete the folders again.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 4 (7,602 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Great, thanks for that.

%programdata%\Skype\Apps this didn't work (wouldn't open anything)

%appdata% this worked great and I now have access to be able to delete all my other information

Thank you

Message 3 of 4 (7,165 Views)
Super Aviator

You are very welcome.

Here is the default location of the login folder under XP Systems.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype\Apps

Regards,
Tamim

Message 4 of 4 (7,159 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation