By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Random Contact Adds

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

Okay I have received quite a few adds from people I don't know and I usually block them or ignore them because I don't use skype to contact random people - you never know what sort of trouble you can get into there. And Today I received a request from someone I thought was a part of a group I knew because, although I didn't know them by name, I'm involved in a couple things on Facebook that they might of seen my name and added me from -- especially since the person said she thought I was a cool person and lived near her. Which kinda suggests that she might have seen me on facebook or somewhere like that - so I added her, bad move. She said she was bad with Skype and then sent me a bunch of links to look at her profile on this random website - I've deleted her naturally. But is there any possible way I can make my profile so hidden that only people who know my email or actually skype name can add me? 

1 Reply
Casual Tourist

I just got the same thing, and hit the web to find if Skype spam was a problem.

Anytime someone you don't know sends you a message that is totally generic, not actually referencing something specific to you, it is spam.

Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation