By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Password Token doesn't work

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I'm trying to reset my password for my account after I merged my Skype and Messenger together.

It wouldn't let me sign in using my usual password, and so I asked for a password reset.

I'ved tried it 3 times now, but everytime I click the link in the e-mail OR copy and paste the password token code manually, it says:

"Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

It has done this 3 times now.

Please could anyone tell me how to fix this =/

All I want to do is move my contacts over AND sign into Skype to talk to my contacts =|

Message 1 of 23 (12,681 Views)
22 Replies
Novel Tourist
Me neither, someone from skype pls help. Thanks!
Message 2 of 23 (12,334 Views)
Novel Tourist

Has anyone fixed this problem because I have had the same issue and I can't use Skype 

Message 3 of 23 (12,259 Views)
Novel Tourist

Also having this same problem. Must have something to do with the Microsoft/Skype take over.

Message 4 of 23 (12,152 Views)
Novel Tourist
Ditto, the Microsoft to Skype transition has not worked for me
Message 5 of 23 (11,485 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Wow.......doing great with the support there Skype! Anyway...I was having this problem and instead I changed my MSN password and then was able to login Skype w/ the new password. Here is the link
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=EN-US
Message 6 of 23 (11,437 Views)
Casual Adventurer

The same happened to me. I still can't find a solution.

Message 7 of 23 (10,852 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have found the solution..... Google voice. Until their so called support pulls their head out of their----

kwsky wrote:

I'm trying to reset my password for my account after I merged my Skype and Messenger together.

It wouldn't let me sign in using my usual password, and so I asked for a password reset.

I'ved tried it 3 times now, but everytime I click the link in the e-mail OR copy and paste the password token code manually, it says:

"Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

It has done this 3 times now.

Please could anyone tell me how to fix this =/

All I want to do is move my contacts over AND sign into Skype to talk to my contacts =|

Message 8 of 23 (10,765 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I posted above how to do a password reset by using the MSN reset instead of Skype ^^

Message 9 of 23 (10,739 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Please, I'm experiencing the same problem with the password token, getting the same replay every single time, if anybody knows what to do could you pass on the info to me? Thank you!!!

Message 10 of 23 (10,657 Views)
Discussion Stats