By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

PROTECTION ALLERT ® voice call

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

I am getting a voice call from PROTECTION ALERT ® but have declined. I can find no information about this caller and I am guessing that it is bogus.

If I am correct then I will block the caller. Please let me know if this caller is real (From SKYPE) or bad and should be blocked.
Thanks,
TriviaWolf

5 Replies
Power User

correct, it's a scam.

please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 2 of 6 (740 Views)
Casual Tourist

I recieved an "urgent notification" from Skype itself.. telling me to go to web-site w^3 soslt . com and follow instructions.. I didn't go to the site (it's not even googlble) - is it also a scam?

Message 3 of 6 (614 Views)
Novel Tourist

Quote: Alexsia
>  I received an "urgent notification" from Skype itself.. telling me to go to web-site w^3

>  soslt . com and follow instructions.. I didn't go to the site (it's not even googlble) - is

>  it also a scam?

Correct, that's a rogue site. Pretty much, any "urgent notification" is fake, whether it seems legitimate or not.

Message 4 of 6 (611 Views)
Community Manager
Skype will *never* perform automated calling like that. It's safe to ignore and block these users. And best to also check the "Report abuse" box in the "Block contact" window.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)
Novel Tourist
I just got a S call saying my virus protection has expired and to contact msgss dot com.
Message 6 of 6 (590 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation