Re: Lost user name and password for my second acco...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Lost user name and password for my second account

I have had a personal Skype account for years. I recently created another account to explore teaching thru Skype ( it is suppossed to be my business account. I am a Math tutor). The problem is what I don't know what I did with my new account user name and password. The user name must be something like "professorserna" and the password I don't have any idea. In my bank business account I see the two charges:

04/30/2012 PREAUTHORIZED DEBIT SKYPE COMMUNICAT IAT PAYPAL 1204 30   $9.99
04/30/2012 PREAUTHORIZED DEBIT SKYPE COMMUNICAT IAT PAYPAL 1204 30  $10.00

( Why two?)

gasernag
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (392 Views)

Re: Lost user name and password for my second account

Hi, gasernag, and welcome to the Community!

Might you recall the e-mail address you used as the new account's registered e-mail address?  If you do, as if you were searching for a new contact, search using said e-mail address - the new account name should appear in the search results.  Then, you could apply for a new password, the token which will be e-mailed to the registered e-mail address for the new account.

Here's how to request a new password:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA109/I-ve-forgotten-my-password

In order to file with Skype Customer Service to inquire what the nature is of the two charges, we first have to secure access to your new account!

Best regards,

elainem77

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1293
Message 2 of 2 (384 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling