By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Link to "baidu" website sent to all of my contacts.

Novel Adventurer

So my Skype account sent this link to all my contacts.. [Link to "baidu.com" removed.] How did this happen?  I don't even think I had Skype running on my desktop when the message went out.  This is the 2nd time in about 6 months it is done this type of thing. 

Moderator Note: We do not permit including links to external websites in posts on our Community as this could potentially expose others to malicious downloads.  Thanks in advance for understanding.

598 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Exactly the same. Even time frames. Changing password did nothing. this is one of my links:

[Link to "baidu.com" removed.]

Baidu is Xiaomi software.

Novel Adventurer

Same for me as well.  Second time it happened, new password not used anywhere else, not logged in on any other machines.

I think someone's got a way to spoof Skype messages, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Novel Tourist

Got the same problem.... any solution so far? :/ sent the link over 90 people

Casual Tourist

same for me.

whats going on - i'm getting lots of complaints from my contacts!?

Casual Tourist

Same happened to me. All contacts got sent a xxxxxx... link at 10:17 UTC time. I have changed my password.

Anything else I can do so this does not happen again?

Casual Tourist

Some one just did it to me. All my contacts received this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with custom URL. Had to respond to everyone to let them know my skype account is computerized. I have changed password, hopefully its nothing serious.

Casual Tourist

I had the same issue, Hopefully Skype team will explain the cause of this issue.

Staff Moderator

Hello All,

Please change your passwords and delete this malware from your computers/devices.

REMINDER:

Do NOT post suspicious links on this public internet website.

Thank you.

Skype Moderation.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Novel Adventurer

What malware?  Nothing shows up in any scans.