By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Link to "baidu" website sent to all of my contacts.

Casual Adventurer

My dad's Skype received a baidu spam link from my old Skype account which I haven't used for well over 3 years, therefore I very much doubt this was remote attack or malware.
I suspect in my case script kiddies had access to username / password database from unnamed source and managed to gain access to my account.

Casual Tourist

I've recently recovered my account from this issue, but I find it odd that such identifiable behaviour from an account is enough to get flagged and force me to reset my password, which is fine, BUT how come I didn't get an email from skype/microsoft informing me that my digital security is potentially at risk.

Tourist

You can check to see if you were effected by the security breach at Adobe, Dropbox, etc, on this site, https://haveibeenpwned.com

Novel Tourist

It happened to me too, all of my contacts had a message to a ,,baibu" site with russian fake lottery title.

Novel Tourist

Yeah I don't see any malware either, could someone please advise?

Casual Adventurer
my hubby had this too and this is such negligence on skype's part! This has been going on about 2 years and skype can't even help us beyond some utterly worthless automated message!? This is what happens when you hire H1Bs that don't give a darn. This could end relationships on both a personal and professional level!
Highlighted
gwz
Novel Adventurer

@NormanM ok now this pisses me off while on the other side i solved this issue.

reason:

skype account login stays active even if they are pseudo linked.

what anyone here has to do to solve this issue is as following: go to https://account.microsoft.com/ and login with your good old skype credentials.

when you are logged in it will ask you to link your account with your microsoft account. do it!.

when thats done you should no longer be able to use your old skype password to login but are prompted to type your microsoft account password instead.

another sideeffect: you'll probably loose your account here in the skype community.

at least for me i cannot use my account GottZ anymore since i did this step.

microsoft.. bad move... this fix is known for a decent while now and you are doing nothing to fix this from your side. all you have to do is to invalidate all legacy passwords.

Novel Tourist

He probaly meant Skype itself

Novel Tourist

Same for me.

You mentioned a malware but the anti-virus finds nothing.

Could you be more specific, please?

Reliable Adventurer

denis_leite wrote:

Same for me.

You mentioned a malware but the anti-virus finds nothing.

Could you be more specific, please?

People should stop blaming non-existing malware for this problem. It is in the server-side and you cannot help the issue by scanning your system for malware. Just go merge your Skype-account into Microsoft-account and change the password. That will help.