By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Is there any way I can watch back a video call?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I was just wondering if Skype keep copies of video calls made. My dad passed away on the 6th May 2012 and the last time I spoke to him was on the 5th May over a Skype video call. I would love to have this footage to remember him by. Any suggestions or is there not a way? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (26,360 Views)
3 Replies

Dear cwight18,

I am sorry for your loss; my condolances to you and your family.

Skype does not record audio or video calls.  You would have had to recorded the call using any number of "plug-in" call recorders.

With regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 2 of 4 (26,354 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you so much for getting back to me Elaine, such a shame there is no way to get it back would never have thought of recording as the death was unexpected. Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Thanks again,

Christie

Message 3 of 4 (26,346 Views)

Hey, Christie,

I have a lump in my throat as I read your message.  I get it.

Warm regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 4 of 4 (26,334 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation