By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Is Skype Secure to Videochat?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I used skype to chat with my wife(nude) who staying in bangalore and i am in delhi.I later reaalised and found that other person can record our video recorded or monitor our video conversation. I am much worried about this.How can i know whether our video is recorded by an unknown.Hacker's will target whom?? Please help me.

Message 1 of 7 (46,417 Views)
6 Replies
Super Adventurer

ayush1 wrote:

I used skype to chat with my wife(nude) who staying in bangalore and i am in delhi.I later reaalised and found that other person can record our video recorded or monitor our video conversation. I am much worried about this.How can i know whether our video is recorded by an unknown.Hacker's will target whom?? Please help me.

Unless your or your wife's computer is jampacked with viruses, malware, spyware or similar elements, there is absolutely no way for a third party user to view, monitor, or record your chat and calls in Skype.

Message 2 of 7 (46,408 Views)
Novel Adventurer
thank you but how can i know previous converstaion recorded by someon e or not??
Message 3 of 7 (46,387 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I want to know My previous converstaion recorded or not.I am ver afraid of that please tell me

Message 4 of 7 (46,388 Views)
Super Adventurer

I think there is no way to know if your call/video call is being recorded by the person you are speaking with (unless you ask them directly).  Some or most available recording software doesn't include the function to automatically inform the other party that their call is being recorded (in some software, and optional notification function is available).  It will be the discretion and responsibility of the person who want to record the conversation to tell the other party that their call is being recorded.

Yet, recording of calls, which may include Skype calls and video calls, are prohibited or illegal in some countries or localities.  You can check your government's website or offices, to see if you are protected with such laws or policies.

Message 5 of 7 (46,374 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hello...
I want to knw if The video chat/ messages are saved on the server? If yes then can can these be obtained/copied/recorded from the server. Can skype officials view our video chatting??
Message 6 of 7 (37,066 Views)

Hi, Rajatbahl86, and welcome to the Community,

No, Skype does not record any calls at all.  A third-party add-on software package must be used.  Please see this blog post for more information: http://blogs.skype.com/2012/07/26/what-does-skypes-architecture-do/

Regards.

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 7 of 7 (37,045 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation