By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I need to change my skype ID

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

it reflects my previous job and is confusing to new clients,  how can i change it???

Message 1 of 6 (117,323 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Elaine (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change or modify Skype Usernames.  I think such restriction is not only employed by Skype but by other online services as well.  Moreover, users can change their Display Name (or Full Name) by going to the Edit Your Profile Page.  This is what will also be displayed on the other party when you call them or send them a message.

Yet, if you really need to use a certain username.  You may need to create a new account.  Users can have more than one account and can even register the same information and email address in the new account/s (but a different email address in each accounts is more advisable).

Moreover, if in case you consider to create a new account and have no intentions to use the old or original one.  please click here for more suggestions or advice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6 (133,979 Views)
5 Replies
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Elaine (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change or modify Skype Usernames.  I think such restriction is not only employed by Skype but by other online services as well.  Moreover, users can change their Display Name (or Full Name) by going to the Edit Your Profile Page.  This is what will also be displayed on the other party when you call them or send them a message.

Yet, if you really need to use a certain username.  You may need to create a new account.  Users can have more than one account and can even register the same information and email address in the new account/s (but a different email address in each accounts is more advisable).

Moreover, if in case you consider to create a new account and have no intentions to use the old or original one.  please click here for more suggestions or advice.

Message 2 of 6 (133,980 Views)
Casual Tourist

i want to change my skype id

Message 3 of 6 (87,633 Views)
Power User

please refer to the reply above.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 4 of 6 (87,588 Views)
Novel Tourist
how can i change my skype id?
Message 5 of 6 (87,552 Views)

Dear Readers,

Thread now closed as topic is fully discussed and VooDooDoll's post correctly answers the original poster's enquiry:  Skype does not permit an account name to be changed once it is created.  More details here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA110/can-i-change-my-skype-name-or-display-name-in-skype-for-windo...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 6 of 6 (87,377 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 67 kudos
  • 6 in conversation