By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to delete call and conversation history from the skype website?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Please advise.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (7,704 Views)
6 Replies

aounsana wrote:

Please advise.

Thanks.

Currently, this is not possible, call history is kept for 6 months that is displayed from your account page.

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Message 2 of 7 (7,703 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So, basically there is absolutely no guarantee of privacy, or even a way to delete it from your own computer?  This is preposterous.

Message 3 of 7 (7,697 Views)

dahoe1 wrote:

So, basically there is absolutely no guarantee of privacy, or even a way to delete it from your own computer?  This is preposterous.

There are methods for removing it locally from your system: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA392/Where-can-I-find-my-conversation-history-and-what-can-I-do...

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Message 4 of 7 (7,678 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I came looking for this. Sorry - but that's incredible that the history cannot be deleted from the central skype account page. That is a huge privacy issue.

When will this be fixed?

Message 5 of 7 (1,857 Views)
Casual Adventurer

dahoe1 wrote:

I agree.  It is unusual business practice to not allow the customer to control what is shown on their account page.

Uncomfortable. :mad:

Message 6 of 7 (927 Views)
Casual Adventurer

dahoe1 wrote:

I found a way to delete all the history - calls and messages.

On Skype screen click TOOLS, then OPTIONS, then PRIVACY

It allows you to clear the history.

It says it erases all call records and messages and you cannot retrieve any of it later. So I'haven't cleared it yet. 

Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation