By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I change my Skype username?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
Message 1 of 10 (443,910 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted by NormanM (Staff Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

TO ALL

Usernames can't be changed but Display names can. You can also create a new account and associated new username.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10 (473,881 Views)
9 Replies

Hi, Tera786, and welcome to the Community!

In case you were asking the question, the answer is Skype does not permit this.  You can change what displays in your Profile, but not your account user name itself.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 2 of 10 (443,909 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Noooo!!!!!!! Whyyy D'x i don't want to have all my contacts deleted and i don't like this name. please skype..... change this! thank you(: <3
Message 3 of 10 (441,490 Views)
Casual Tourist

what?! i made my skype accountwhen i was younger and my username is sooo stupid awesomedakota like who uses that i want to change it so could you try and fix this youd have alought more satisfied customers

Message 4 of 10 (441,327 Views)
Novel Tourist

This is all a bit silly really, especially when us MSN Messenger users were forced over to Skype but had no choice in user name. At very least MS Messenger users should be permitted to change their username.

Message 5 of 10 (439,168 Views)
Casual Adventurer
What a shame :-(
Message 6 of 10 (437,140 Views)
Novel Tourist

I agree with the comments that this should be allowed. My username contained my married name BEFORE the affair/divorce... I don't want his name on anything of mine any longer. The same goes for women who get married and had their maiden names but would like their married name now. It seems a shame that we would have to set up an entire new account because women change their names when they get married/divorced. 

Message 7 of 10 (435,252 Views)
Novel Tourist
I hate my username and really want to change it. Cannot be bothered to make a new account and delete all my contacts. I set up my account when I was younger and the username is really silly I need to change it
Message 8 of 10 (434,388 Views)
Tourist

i want to change my skype name

Message 9 of 10 (432,924 Views)
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted by NormanM (Staff Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

TO ALL

Usernames can't be changed but Display names can. You can also create a new account and associated new username.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 10 of 10 (473,882 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 555 kudos
  • 10 in conversation