By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Help! Skype keeps inserting itself into my emails

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I'm not sure what happened, but today I realized that skype was inserting itself into my emails. I have a signature in my gmail account that includes my telephone number and skype has somehow been adding itself as a link to it along with the skype icon. I also went to update my website and again, anywhere there was a phone number Skype inserted itself and added it's icon and a hyper link. Help! what do I do? I don't want skype invading everything.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 3 (671 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Adventurer

OK never mind, I don't kow why it tarted doing that- I certainly didn't ask it to, but I figured out how to shut it off.

Message 2 of 3 (667 Views)
Power User

just for those who might be experiencing the same thing, you just need to uninstall Skype's click to call plugin.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 3 of 3 (660 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation