By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Fake call?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I am getting a call from a computer saying my security is off and to go to a website to update - is it spam? virus?

6 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I just received one and called my apple/care provider.  I was told it is a scam and to report it to skype.  Also Skype should be able to tell us how to block callers.  How do I contact skype?

Novel Adventurer

Sounded like one to me so I blocked them

Novel Adventurer

sorry...i looked into Subscription & Bookmarks and couldn't see how to block a caller.  please help!!

Novel Adventurer

Not sure how it just popped up - try the support pages

Novel Adventurer

Is there a number I may call to get assistance?

Power User

tony_otten wrote:

I am getting a call from a computer saying my security is off and to go to a website to update - is it spam? virus?

yes, a very common one.  please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/How-to-Handle-Suspicious-Calls-Messages-and...

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation