By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Does Skype store my message history in an online server???

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Does Skype store my message history in an online server?? Or is my message history only stored in my computer? 

Why do I receive messages from PAST CONVERSATIONS when I log into Skype using other devices, such my cellphone??? I mean... I didn't use skype on my cellphone for more than 3 months... but when I used it last night I started receiving my whole chat history of the past 3 weeks with a friend?? There was no sync whatsoever with my PC... is my message history stored online?!

3 Replies
Novel Adventurer
If skype does in fact store the message history somewhere, is there a way to have a full transcript of your conversation history with someone sent to you? I am having a dispute about who owes who money and it should all be in my skype logs from past computers. Its important that I get these so if anyone knows how to get transcripts, please say so.
Power User

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/legal/privacy/general/#12

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Novel Adventurer

This is exactly what I'm looking for, is there a way to contact skype to retrieve the stored history on their servers? I don't want to drive 45 miles to get a history chat....

Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation