By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't seem to receive contact requests

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have been using skype-to-skype over the computer for several years now.  I recently tried to add a couple of new family contacts, and they have also sent requests for me to be added to their  contacts list.  As far as we can tell, none of us have been able to receive these requests.  The email addresses are all correct and up to date, I've checked the spam box, and still the bubble on skype says "pending contact request."  As recently as this past summer, I was able to successfully add a new contact.  Any suggestions as to what might be going on here?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (4,118 Views)
1 Reply

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Please right click on the Skype Icon in your system tray and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and then back to "Online".

This forces a status update of all your contacts in your conact list as well as a update of your status without the need to logoff/logon.

Also, if possible, call them Skype to Skype and request they do the same, while you are both online.

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Message 2 of 2 (4,114 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation