By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Account hacked, no refund, no help from support or live chat

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
Sunday my account was hacked and the money I had in there was emptied on calls to countries that I didn't make. I hadn't even used the account for months and all my machines have up to date AV and firewalls etc. the password was pretty secure too and like so many others on here have posted I work in the IT industry so I am computer savvy and don't click on stupid phishing emails etc. Skype refused to give me the IP address of the originating suspicious activity, and refused to refund me the amount of money that was stolen. It seems to be an all to common occurrence reading the posts on the forum here. Will see if I can close my account and will not be recommending Skype to anyone in future. My advice is stay away as Skype do not seem interested in retaining their customers.
Message 1 of 1 (216 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation