By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Re: Skype Premium Account; still getting pop-up ads.

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I also have Skype Premium and although I don't see ads  on my PC or Mac, I do on my iPhone, and there is no way to turn them off.  This is double-dipping by Microsoft:  we pay a subscription AND we have to look at pop-up ads.  Does anyone have a solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted as a solution by ginawadley
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7 (1,023 Views)
6 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

I've escalated this issue for further examination. Thank you for reporting it.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7 (993 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Two months on and a new payment, and I am still having this issue.  I won't be paying again if this doesn't get fixed.

Message 3 of 7 (978 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted as a solution by ginawadley
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 4 of 7 (1,024 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am not getting the ads on my iPhone anymore.  I logged off on my iPhone.  I changed my Skype password on my Mac.  Then logged back in with the new Skype password.  I think I had been logged in on my iPhone with my Microsoft account, and maybe that's why I was getting the ads.  It's strange that the Microsoft account might not have recognized my Premium Skype account.

Message 5 of 7 (911 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yep, I have Premium also and am getting ads on my Skype. This is rather annoying.

Message 6 of 7 (465 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Same problem here.  I'm running latest version of Win8.1 with Skype Desktop (find the App terribly annoying, sorry) latest version.  Upgraded to Premium a while ago, but still getting ads.  I've logged off and on with both Windows and Skype accounts, but the ads keep coming.  Anybody found a solution?

Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation