By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Re: Skype Premium Account; still getting pop-up ads.

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I also have Skype Premium and although I don't see ads  on my PC or Mac, I do on my iPhone, and there is no way to turn them off.  This is double-dipping by Microsoft:  we pay a subscription AND we have to look at pop-up ads.  Does anyone have a solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Emeritus

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
6 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

I've escalated this issue for further examination. Thank you for reporting it.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Novel Adventurer

Two months on and a new payment, and I am still having this issue.  I won't be paying again if this doesn't get fixed.

Community Manager Emeritus

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Novel Adventurer

I am not getting the ads on my iPhone anymore.  I logged off on my iPhone.  I changed my Skype password on my Mac.  Then logged back in with the new Skype password.  I think I had been logged in on my iPhone with my Microsoft account, and maybe that's why I was getting the ads.  It's strange that the Microsoft account might not have recognized my Premium Skype account.

Novel Adventurer

Yep, I have Premium also and am getting ads on my Skype. This is rather annoying.

Casual Adventurer

Same problem here.  I'm running latest version of Win8.1 with Skype Desktop (find the App terribly annoying, sorry) latest version.  Upgraded to Premium a while ago, but still getting ads.  I've logged off and on with both Windows and Skype accounts, but the ads keep coming.  Anybody found a solution?

Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation