By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

It says I have no credit, but bought a subscription

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

ok, first this is really frustrating b/c I hava a confernce call in an hour and can't talk to a real person.  Second I paid the $3 for unlimited U.S. calls on Tuesday.  Now I'm trying to make a call and it says that I no credit.  What gives?

Message 1 of 11 (917 Views)
10 Replies
Staff
Your subscription is active and you can check delivered order from: https://secure.skype.com/account/purchase/history/orders

Please make sure you are logged in with the correct account if you have more than 1 account. If you are signed in on Skype for Mac client then please choose "File" > "Sign out".
Log in with the same account you logged into this forum and try to place a call.

If problem persists please get in touch with customer service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 11 (916 Views)
Staff Moderator

Hello Molly,

The most common reason for receiving the "no credit" message is that you are using an incorrect dial sequence.

Make sure that you are inputting the international country code prefix (+1 for the USA).

This applies even if you are calling within your own country.

Failure to do so prompts the system to display the "no credit" message.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11 (914 Views)
Novel Tourist

I too have the problem of getting the "no credit" message even though I have an account. I have made sure I'm signed in and that i typed the international country code prefix correctly. What to do?

Also, where can i find the online support where I can talk to someone working for Skype? 

Message 4 of 11 (905 Views)
Staff

@holmlundberg

Most recent number you dialed seems to be shared cost number(premium service number)

Since shared cost numbers are not covered by subscriptions you are not able to make calls to these numbers.

Regarding customer service, this FAQ should be helpful:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 5 of 11 (903 Views)
Casual Tourist

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought 14,00 worth of credit and could call the US from Canada unless I buy more credit. This is no good to me. I bought through pay pal. How do I get my money back?Gail Goodwin

Message 6 of 11 (894 Views)
Staff

Hi Gail,

I think your situation is bit different.
It seems you are trying to place calls from the account you logged into this forum, but you purchased Skype Credit for your second account.

Please open Skype client on your computer and under "Skype" menu select "Sign out". Then sign in with the account where you purchased your credit.

If you can't recall your second account then this FAQ can help you remember your secondary account: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10858/I-ve-forgotten-my-Skype-name-How-do-I-find-out-what-it-is

Andre

Message 7 of 11 (892 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have a similar problem... I have an Office 365 subscription with 60 min/month, and can't place any calls. I'm using the right number, international call prefix and everything. Also my Skype account says I have no Skype credit.

Message 8 of 11 (339 Views)
Community Ambassador

EnriqueCardozo wrote:

I have a similar problem... I have an Office 365 subscription with 60 min/month, and can't place any calls. I'm using the right number, international call prefix and everything. Also my Skype account says I have no Skype credit.

The Skype client does not display the minute balance of a subscription, it only displays a credit balance which is not the same thing.

Sign into your account.  https://secure.skype.com/portal/overview

The left blue panel will tell you how many minutes you have left in your subscription.  If you have no subscription,  you are probably signed into the wrong account.  Make sure you are signed into the proper account in Skype and on Skype.com when checking your balance.

You will get a request for/consumption of credit if you are dialing a number not covered by the subscription.  Besides the proper dialing format, check the numbers you are dialing with the subscription coverage below.  This coverage is clearly stated in the FAQs, signup and purchase pages.

Call landlines and mobiles in: Canada, China, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand, and United States.

Call landlines only in: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia (excluding rural areas - LEX), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia (Jakarta only), Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

All subscriptions exclude special (like shared-cost), premium and non-geographic numbers.  SMS is not covered as well. 

Message 9 of 11 (330 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I understand, still it says that I have no subscriptions, and I am sure I'm logged with the right account. When I click on "get a subscription" I'm redirected to the subscriptions site with the correct account, since when I go to "my account" I'm logged in correctly (and my subscription does appear on 'my account" ).

Message 10 of 11 (318 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation